Sunday, June 26, 2011

In the beginning there was the concept. . .

I knew I was going to attempt a Rock and Roll themed Bento...so, a few images came to mind. Skulls, lightning bolts, guitars. . .I looked at a few of our guitars for shape inspiration and wavered between the Explorer and the Flying V--settling on the V as being the most iconic. Here is my original goofy sketch:
For the ingredients--the building blocks really--I decided to de-construct a confetti quinoa salad that I had made recently which combined black quinoa, red and yellow peppers, and shredded purple cabbage with a simple flax-oil and lemon juice vinaigrette.  To round out the package nutritionally, I would include an egg salad made with tarragon and dill and some baby red potatoes.  The plan was now in place--could my skillz do it justice?  Stay tuned!

No comments: